There are only a small number of articles that genuinely give solid advice on using this lens. There is a common view that there is ‘nothing out there’. After much searching I’ve found a few links and these are added below. If you know of a link I’ve missed, do get in touch and it can be added for the benefit of all.
Some resolutions are too personal to share but others relate to the professional side of life and may indeed be improved by sharing. This list will be added to or amended over the coming days as thoughts develop. It is not currently in order of importance or any other hierarchy.
I tend not to wait for New Year to make resolutions but the period of calm between Christmas and the end of the year provides a perfect opportunity to reflect and make decisions. Some of those decisions are appropriate to share, others not. This one is public. I’ve decided to keep a sketch book this year
After an abortive foray into Tilt &Shift a few months ago, it’s time to have another go. In May I bought a Nikon 24mm f3.5 PC-e lens. After about a month of pain, I sold it again and bought a Zeiss 25mm f2. I spent hours trying to coax satisfactory images out of the Nikon to no avail. To this day I’m not sure where the problem lay but by the end of the month the lens was preventing rather than enabling pictures.
My first full size solo exhibition opened this week at Farfield Mill Arts and Heritage Centre near Sedbergh. This has been a bit of a learning curve on the basis of it being solo and also over three times as big as anything I’d attempted before. It has made demands in terms of organisation, choice of images and an attempt to keep costs sensible. There was no question of sending lots of files off to be printed, mounted and framed for a seamless display. the content has been drawn from previous exhibition stock, new prints and a number off the walls of the house.
I’ve spent some time today tidying and updating the site. There were three main tasks including updating the very pale grey background colour that I’d grown tired of, changing the full screen slide show to a more compact slider and updating the content of the front page. I’d been fighting with the background colour for a while before realising that Chrome had cached the old colour so whatever I changed, there was no updated version to be seen.